Our Lady of the Way Quonset hut church is another favorite photo
op along with The Village Monument. In 1954, Father E. Morriset
needed a church building. He was the first Catholic priest here,
so it was his choice. He found an unused Quonset hut left by the
U. S. Army when they finished highway construction in 1943. Apparently
no one had found a good use for this structure for a decade.
|