The Air Force Lodge, top right, started as RCAF building No. 30 - a pilots' barracks at the airport. Moved to town in 1966, it was renovated into a lodge by local carpenter, Pete Johnson. He kept much of the original interior. The 1940's era dump truck decorates the front area. Top left and center right, is another log structure from the airport. It was one of about 100 log buildings built during World War 11. It served as a troop barracks, others were shops and community buildings. This one stands just east of the lodge. A black bear and her cubs forage along the AlCan east of Watson Lake.
AlCan Hwy ~ Watson Lake YT